My Top 21 Waterfalls of All Time 2021 Edition



I had so much fun doing my Top 21 Waterfalls of 2021 I thought I’d try to do a Top 21 Waterfalls of all time. Well that is almost impossible after all I’ve seen over 1000 Waterfalls so far, so I tried my best to narrow it down, unfortunately I had to leave off hundreds of falls that are worthy of being on this list but that’s why lists are so much fun. 

Now I happen to live in Canada, but some of my favourite waterfalls are in the United States, so I tried to even it out so I have 10 Waterfalls on this list from Canada and 11 Waterfalls are from the US. I have not been anywhere else in the world yet to see all the other magnificent waterfalls that the world has to offer, this is just for fun so please take it easy on me if I left off some of your favourites out.

This is only my personal favourites so I hope you enjoy, these are not in any order because it’s absolutely impossible for a waterfall chaser to name one favorite at least that’s my opinion.


Without Further Ado let’s have some fun with my Top 21 Waterfalls of All Time 2021 Edition 




(1) Burney Falls California, U.S.A

Burney Falls is 129 feet tall, 100 million gallons of Water flow from these falls every single day, it’s not the largest waterfall by any means in the state of California, but it very well might be the most beautiful, the falls are Stream fed by large springs.




(2) Alexandra Falls N.W.T Canada 

Alexandra Falls is 105 feet tall, they are the third tallest in the N.W.T’s. 

Alexandra Falls is not only awesome simply as an incredibly powerful waterfall, it is awesome in its solitude. On a ‘crowded’ day, you might have to share the view with nine or ten other people. Most of the time, you will have the waterfall to yourself.



(3) Falls Creek Falls, Washington, U.S.A

a triple plunge of 335 total feet, is one of the most scenic waterfall destinations in the Pacific Northwest. The falls are picturesque even during the summer and become an impressive, roaring, and misty cascade during the wet season.  Washington has so many beautiful Waterfalls it’s absolutely impossible to pick just one but I have only been to about 30 in Washington so far so this list will change every year. 



(4) Brandywine Falls, British Columbia, Canada 

Brandywine Falls are 230 feet Tall, They are formed by its Lip of a lava flow flanking the West Bank of the Cheakamus River. If your ever in the Whistler, BC area these falls are an absolute must.




(5) Toketee Falls, Oregon, U.S.A

The North Umpqua River has carved a sinuous gorge out of the lava flow, resulting in a waterfall of 113 feet in height - a 28 foot upper tier which plunges into a pool flanked by a deep alcove, followed by an 85 foot plunge into a large pool.I never got the change to get down to the base of these incredible falls, hopefully next trip to Oregon.






(6) Sideways Falls, Alberta, Canada 

According to the World Waterfall Database, Sideways Falls consist of two sections, the largest part being 284 feet tall, this is one of my personal favourite waterfalls in Alberta and it’s worth the hike off the Old Wonder Trail to see them up close, chances are you will be the only ones here. 




(7) Burgess Falls, Tennessee, U.S.A

I have a few friends in Tennessee so I can’t go without giving their beautiful State a bit of Love, this is Burgess Falls, this waterfall spills out at 136 Feet into a large Limestone gorge, Although Tennessee has so many beautiful waterfalls I can only put one on my list as the list is so hard to do. 




(8) Bridal Veil Falls, British Columbia, Canada 

Bridal Veil Falls is a 196 foot veiling Waterfall 

It’s easy to see where the waterfall received its name, as the wide, smooth ledge creates a beautiful stream of thin, white water. The flow of water comes from Mount Archibald, and the water streams down Bridal Creek to your right. 




(9) Panther Creek Falls, Washington, U.S.A

Panther Creek Falls is a 130 foot waterfall, its a hidden Gem located on the Washington side of the Columbia River Gorge, it’s one of my favourite waterfalls in Washington, the pictures do not do it Justice, the hike down to the base is an absolute must. 





(10) Takakkaw Falls, British Columbia, Canada 

Takakkaw Falls is an astonishing 1224 foot Tall waterfall located in Yoho National Park, it is one of Canada’s Tallest Waterfalls, this waterfall is very crowded and the road leading to this incredible place is only open From June till October.




(11) Wahkeena Falls, Oregon, U.S.A

Wahkeena Falls is a 242 foot Waterfall located in the Columbia River Gorge, in Oregon, with so many incredible waterfalls located in the Gorge it’s hard to pick only 2, the first waterfall  is obvious, I love the bridge on the old highway leading up to this waterfall it’s a stunning place to visit when not crowded. 




(12) Panther Falls, Alberta, Canada 

Panther Falls is a Class 3 Waterfall at 217 feet Tall, easily one of Alberta’s best Waterfalls it’s located along the Icefield Parkway heading towards Jasper, I seem to head here every year and it never gets old,the hike to the very top is one of my favourite experience’s.




(13) Snoqualmie Falls, Washington, U.SA

Snoqualmie Falls is a 268 foot Waterfall located in the State of beautiful Washington, its very popular with Tourists so if you visit plan accordingly, it is more than twice as high as Niagra Falls. 




(14) Kinuseo Falls, British Columbia, Canada 

Kinuseo Falls is located on the Murray River, Which flows on the Northern Tip of Monkman Provincial Park, it is 197 Feet Tall and is the main attraction in the park.




(15) Diamond Creek Falls, Oregon, U.S.A

Diamond Creek Falls is a 90 Foot glistening Fan of water, you can walk right up to these incredible falls, i was the only person here it was so majestic, i can’t wait to see these again one day. 




(16) Wilson Creek Falls, British Columbia, Canada 

Wilson Creek Falls plunges down 206 feet and it’s a Raging Beast in the Spring, this was my favourite waterfall I visited in 2021 and for good reason.




(17) Tumalo Falls, Oregon, U.S.A

Tumalo Falls is located near Bend, Oregon and is definitely one of my favourite waterfalls, it drops 90 feet, the parking area isn’t very big and this waterfall can get crowded I was very fortunate to have this waterfall all to myself, there are also several other falls upstream from Tumalo.




(18) Athabasca Falls, Alberta, Canada 

Athabasca Falls is a Class 5 Raging Beast of a Waterfall, it’s only 79 Feet Tall but it’s known for its force due to large quantity of water filling the Gorge, it’s extremely crowded due to its proximity on the Icefield Parkway, i was here in June and had the entire place to myself. 




(19) Salt Creek Falls, Oregon, U.SA

Salt Creek Falls is 286 Feet Tall, it claims to be the second tallest Waterfall in Oregon (Which is False) in February i was the only one here im sure in the summer time this magnificent place gets pretty busy, I didn’t get a chance to get to the base but I will next time i visit. 





(20) Helmcken Falls, British Columbia, Canada 

One of Canada’s most impressive waterfalls Helmcken Falls is an astonishing 462 feet tall, located in Wells Gray Provincial Park, it is the parks main attraction and for good reason.





(21) Multnomah Falls, Oregon, U.S.A

Multnomah Falls is a whopping 620 feet tall, it is Oregon’s most popular Tourist attraction so plan accordingly, there are many waterfalls near this impressive falls so do your research and have a wonderful time driving the old Highway 30 it’s on of my most favourite places I’ve ever been.


So there you have my Top 21 Waterfalls of all time as of 2021, I left off at least 50 that i wish I could have put on here but 21 Waterfalls is not very much, it was extremely hard but I certainly enjoyed doing it and I hope you enjoy viewing it


Merry Christmas to All and the Happiest of New Years in 2022 ❤️


Comments

  1. Helmckem Falls gets my vote for top spot. I remember when we visited Multnomah Falls and I couldn't remember the name. I started calling it Melanoma Falls and the name kind of stuck in our family. I still remember that name more than Multnomah Falls.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

One room schoolhouses

Sideways Falls ( Icefield Parkway) Alberta